Sunday, May 2, 2010

Virtual Classes

I found the virtual classes to be very time consuming. I did learn things of interest to me that I did not know and probably would not have explored unless they had been a required part of the class. I missed the give and take of having an instructor in front of me. It was more time consuming to have to look up supplemental information on the course material. I like the convenience of having a classroom instructor immediately available for clarification.

My main complaint is that I would, at times, lose my Internet connection during my timed tests. It was also difficult to do the on line activities because of the same reason. At one time my Internet provider was out of service for a continuous two week period. So much for convenience. I do not know if all classes allow a second chance to go back on line to retake the test or not. Fortunately this particular class did.

It was not my favorite way to take a class. I would compare it to the way I have self taught myself in my arts and crafts activities. One of the advantages of taking a formal class is the spontaneity of subject enrichment obtained from a real-time instructor. For me it was not a more bang for the buck experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment