Sunday, February 14, 2010

computer literacy as it relates to the craft artist.

The artist craft person will need to use a word processing program, spread sheets, various data bases, desk top publishing and computer assisted drawing programs. Every part of your business is impacted by computer technology from computers you use to conduct daily business maintenance to the raw supplies you use to produce your product. The precious metal a jeweler uses to fabricate an item will be removed from the ground using equipment that has embedded computers controlling how it operates. Many tools used in the fabrication also has embedded computers.

I have mixed emotions about how computer technology has impacted what is available to me for all the different crafts I love to make. For example, my sewing machine interacts with my lap top assisting me to program complicated stitching programs. It is great, but I am still struggling to figure out how to make it all work together.

I have a digital camera to produce great photos of my hand crafted items, but I am struggling trying to figure out how to use photo shop for marketing purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment